Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cake Celebrities and Me!

So, as the cake shop develops and progresses, I had the awesome opportunity to develop my professional caking skills! The topsy turvy aka madhatter aka whimsical cake has defeated me a few times in the past but no more! I was able to take a fun, energetic, hands on class on this intimidating cake design taught by Sharon Zambito, a cake expert, one of my cake heroes, owner of SugarEd Productions, and a past competitor on TLC's Ultimate Cake Off! The class was hosted by Wendy Baiamonte, another fabulous cake designer, also a TLC's Ultimate Cake Off competitor, at her shop, Sweet Ideas The Cake Shoppe. The following are some shots from the class and the progression of my very first successful topsy turvy cake! This was the most fun and invaluable experience thus far in my caking career!

I am NEVER this neat!

Good student at work :-)

That is the NEATEST carving job I have ever done!


I am so getting a sheeter!

Love me some silver highlighter!


The fun part



Ain't that purty!


Yes, I am a rock star!!! (not really, just a cake nerd)

Sharon on the left, Wendy on the right.
Thanks guys! Will definitely see ya for the next class!

1 comment: