Friday, April 22, 2011

Minimus and Magnus, United

Seven years ago I received a Mother's Day gift that, besides my Henckel knife, has been my constant kitchen companion. She has been (and, yes, of course she's a girl!) a dependable, loyal, life and, sometimes, sanity saving bestie since the day we met. My little girl has had periods, like all of us, when she wobbled and jiggled and struggled with some of the heavier loads and, I'm sorry to say, I took advantage of her little frame and pushed her to her limits many times. Now, I am talking about my little, hard-working, 4.5 quart Kitchenaid mixer and I'm writing this with a small glisten of a tear in my eye. Not that I'm replacing or, worse even, abandoning my loyal friend; just bringing in some reinforcements to give her a well deserved rest. Oh, Minimus, we welcome the new member to our little kitchen circle, Magnus. Welcome big guy and I look forward to years of mixing, kneading, whipping, and companionship!

Cute couple, aren't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment