Friday, February 25, 2011

Mardi Gras Gone Wrong

I don't usually post pics of cakes that I think are not up to snuff. Of course, I keep record of them so I can learn what to never do again, but going public with them makes me cringe. But, in the spirit of Cake Wrecks (and if you haven't looked at this website, it is a must!), I am letting you have a sneak peek :-)

This simple sheet cake is for a teacher who has a standing order every month for class birthday cakes. Thank goodness she has a great sense of humor and doesn't mind at all if I experiment on her cakes! If I had the time this week, this would have been one of those cakes that my family would have enjoyed while I frantically made a new one, but, alas, there are only so many hours in a week. This is a cake that suffered from when mom life gets a little hairy and hectic. From the moment the batter was mixing to the last few trims and accents, this cake was my arch nemesis and I was tempted to kick it in the butt on the way out of the door. The only other cake thus far that has given me this much trouble was the blue baby tush cake and I still have a grudge against that one!




Anyway, enjoy and don't be too harsh ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment